The University of Alabama subscribes to Pivot, https://pivot.proquest.com, a valuable search tool for funding opportunities and research collaborators. As a researcher at the University, you have free access to Pivot, which is an intuitive tool designed to send you weekly updates on funding opportunities that meet your search criteria. It only takes a few minutes to register and learn how to use Pivot. All faculty, staff, and students may create a Pivot account and receive weekly Funding Alert emails with new or updated opportunities that match your saved funding searches.
UA users can create a new account and access existing accounts using their myBama credentials. It is no longer necessary to login with a username or UA email address. To utilize this option go to https://pivot.proquest.com and follow the steps below.
- To access an existing account click on Log In. To create an account click on Sign up. Both options are in the right top corner of the Pivot homepage.
- Click on “Access via My Institution Login” at the bottom of the box that appears after selecting Log in or Sign up.
- Select Use Institutional Login Credentials.
- In the drop-down box, select University of Alabama. Then select either Login or Create my account.
- You will then be taken to the University of Alabama’s Login Portal for myBama. Continue with your myBama Id and Password.
The Office for Research Development offers individual and group sessions to cover the features and functionality of Pivot. Additionally, Pivot has a number of online resources including a quick search for questions, brief YouTube videos, and user FAQs. After creating your account and logging in, you may access this information from the “Help” button located on all Pivot site pages.
Click here to view and print the Quick Start Guide.
It is not necessary to attend a workshop to learn how to effectively utilize Pivot. Below are links to instructional videos.
- Pivot Introduction
- Setting Up Your Account and Profile
- Pivot Funding: Advanced Search
- Navigating Pivot Funding Results
- Tracking, Saving, Sharing & Managing Funding Opportunities
- Updating Your Pivot Profile
- All Pivot YouTube Instructional Videos
Quick Searches: Subject Specific Searches on Pivot