The University of Alabama subscribes to Pivot-RP, a valuable tool for locating funding opportunities and research collaborators. As a researcher at the University, you have unlimited access to Pivot-RP. All faculty, staff, and students can create an account and receive weekly Funding Alert emails that list new or updated opportunities that match the researcher’s interests.
UA users can create a new account and access existing accounts using their myBama credentials. It is no longer necessary to login with a username or UA email address. To utilize this option go to https://pivot.proquest.com and follow the steps below.
- To access an existing account click on Log In. To create an account click on Sign up. Both options are in the right top corner of the Pivot homepage.
- Click on “Access via My Institution Login” at the bottom of the box that appears after selecting Log in or Sign up.
- Select Use Institutional Login Credentials.
- In the drop-down box, select University of Alabama. Then select either Login or Create my account.
- You will then be taken to the University of Alabama’s Login Portal for myBama. Continue with your myBama Id and Password.
Pivot-RP has a number of online resources including a quick search for questions, brief YouTube videos, and user FAQs available from the “Help” button located on all Pivot-RP site pages. Below are links to instructional videos.
- Click here to view and print the Quick Start Guide PDF
- Getting Started with Pivot-RP
- Pivot Funding: Advanced Search
- Navigating Pivot Funding Results
- Tracking, Saving, Sharing & Managing Funding Opportunities
- Updating Your Pivot Profile
- All Pivot YouTube Instructional Videos
Individual and group sessions on the features and functionality of Pivot-RP are available to UA researchers throughout the year. To schedule an individual or group training session, contact Angie Shotts. To view a current list of Pivot workshops, click here.
Quick Searches: Subject Specific Searches on Pivot