Resources for New Faculty
Welcome to The University of Alabama!
The Office for Sponsored Programs is here to help you identify, obtain, and manage research and other sponsored project funding. We hope you find the links below helpful in locating the information you need but please contact us if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.
- People Who Can Answer Questions – Find links to units and people within the Office for Research, the Associate Deans for Research and the Research Advisory Committee representatives for each college
- Getting Started Locating Funding – Locate external funding opportunities and find information about internal RGC Grants
- Proposal Preparation – Get key information, tips and links to helpful resources
- Research Development – Receive assistance in the preparation of your first proposals including budget creation and identification and explanation of requirements and procedures for submission
- Policies & Procedures – Find UA policies and procedures and Federal rules and regulations related to research
- Join Research Listserv – Join the listserv to receive information with broad applicability to the University’s researchers and research support staff
The Office for Sponsored Programs (OSP) offers individual assistance for a faculty member’s initial submission and in locating funding opportunities. Contact Angie Shotts for further assistance.