SEC Faculty Travel Program
The SEC Faculty Travel Program is intended to enhance faculty collaboration that stimulates scholarly initiatives between SEC universities. It gives full-time faculty members from one SEC university the opportunity to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals, present lectures, conduct research and deliver performances.
At The University of Alabama, the SEC Faculty Travel Program is administered by the Office for Research & Economic Development (ORED), consistent with its mission.
Specifically, ORED emphasizes developing collaborative grant proposals and conducting collaborative research and scholarly activities as the primary objective.
Applications proposing research with a goal of external funding and/or scholarly publications will be given primary consideration.
- The travel window begins August 1 and ends July 31
- The faculty member must contact the SEC university they wish to visit to determine receptivity and availability, and receive a letter of invitation from the host university (host faculty, department head, dean, etc.) specifying anticipated travel dates and expectations
- Required Application Materials
- Name & Title
- Mailing & Email Address
- Host University Letter of Invitation
- Anticipated Travel Dates
- Summary of Planned Collaborative Research or Scholarly Activities
- Anticipated Collaborative Grant Proposal(s)
- Estimated Travel Expenses
- Short Bio (125 words)
- Headshot (color, 300 dpi, 1500 x 2000 pixels, jpeg)
- The required application materials must be emailed to Angie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:45 PM on June 30 (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- All faculty members participating in the program must be identified to the SEC office by August 1, therefore applications received after June 30 will be considered for the following year
- Each SEC university receives funds for its own faculty; funds are not intended for individuals the university and/or faculty might host
- The program is intended only for full-time faculty and may not be used for support staff and/or students
- Any unused funds must be returned to the SEC office by July 31; universities are not permitted to carry over any unused funds
- If awarded, Angie Brown will forward accounting information to be used when reconciling travel expenses in Concur
- Once travel is complete, the SEC Faculty Travel Program Participation Summary must be emailed to Angie Brown at email@example.com